About Microsoft Edge:
Microsoft Edge is a fast and secure browser for the modern web. It is built with Chromium same as used by Google Chrome browser. In this article we will show you how to install the Microsoft Edge Browser web browser on Ubuntu 20.04.
Currently, for Linux the beta preview is available and the stable version is available on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. You can synchronize your bookmarks, history, and passwords on all your devices using the Edge like other browser.
- Organize your research with Collections – Collections allows you to easily collect information from different websites, organize it, export it into various files or just come back to your research at a later time and pick up right where you left off.
- Work efficiently with vertical tabs – a feature that helps you easily find and manage many open tabs at once.
- Save time with smart copy – You can use your cursor to select any area or type of content. When you paste it will retain the formatting, including any images or links.
- Take back control with tracking prevention – Tracking prevention makes understanding who’s tracking you online easier to see and easy to manage, and it’s available now.
- Know if your passwords have been compromised on the dark web with Password Monitor – When enabled, Password Monitor is a feature that notifies you if the credentials you’ve saved to autofill have been detected on the dark web.
- Maintain truly private browsing and search with enhancements to InPrivate mode – When browsing in InPrivate mode, your searches aren’t tied to your account.
- Immersive Reader enables everyone to learn and benefit from the web – Makes reading online easier and more accessible for everyone.
- Microsoft Edge delivers the best immersive viewing experience in 4K and Dolby Audio –
How to install Microsoft Edge ?
The installation is not the easiest possible but if you follow the instructions step by step you wont have any problems:
Code language: PHP (php)
## How to install Microsoft Edge ? $ sudo apt install curl $ curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | gpg --dearmor > microsoft.gpg $ sudo install -o root -g root -m 644 microsoft.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ $ sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/microsoft-edge-beta.list' $ sudo rm microsoft.gpg ## Install $ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install microsoft-edge-beta
Quick Video Tutorial
In this article we reviewed and install Microsoft Edge Browser using the terminal.
- Another article that you can be interested in is How To Install Adobe PDF Reader On Ubuntu 21.10.