Slack is a proprietary business communication platform developed by American software company Slack Technologies. Slack offers many IRC-style features, including persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
Slack offers many IRC-style features, including persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, private groups, and direct messaging. Content, including files, conversations, and people, is all searchable within Slack. Users can add emoji buttons to their messages, on which other users can then click to express their reactions to messages.
- Slack’s free plan allows only the 10,000 most recent messages to be viewed and searched.
- Teams – Slack teams allow communities, groups, or teams to join a “workspace” via a specific URL or invitation sent by a team admin or owner. Although Slack was developed for professional and organizational communication, it has been adopted as a community platform, replacing message boards or social media groups.
- Messaging – Public channels allow team members to communicate without the use of email or group SMS (texting). Public channels are open to everyone in the workspace.
- Private channels – allow for private conversation between smaller sub-groups. These private channels can be used to organize large teams.
- Direct messages – allow users to send private messages to specific users rather than a group of people. Direct messages can include up to nine people. Once started, a direct message group can be converted into a private channel.
- Integrations – Slack integrates with many third-party services and supports community-built integrations, including Google Drive, Trello, Dropbox, Box, Heroku, IBM Bluemix, Crashlytics, GitHub, Runscope, Zendesk and Zapier. In December 2015, Slack launched their software application (“app”) directory, consisting of over 150 integrations that users can install.
- In March 2018, Slack announced a partnership with financial and human capital management firm Workday. This integration allows Workday customers to access Workday features directly from the Slack interface.
- API – Slack provides an application programming interface (API) for users to create applications and automate processes, such as sending automatic notifications based on human input, sending alerts on specified conditions, and automatically creating internal support tickets. Slack’s API has been noted for its compatibility with many types of applications, frameworks, and services.
How To Install or Remove Slack
To install Slack Messenger we are going to use snap package manager. Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
# How to install Slack Messenger on Ubuntu 21.04 Linux ? $ sudo snap install slack # How to remove Slack Messenger on Ubuntu 21.04 Linux ? $ sudo snap remove slackCode language: PHP (php)
In this article we reviewed installed and removed Slack Messenger app on Ubuntu 21.04 Linux.
- Another article that you can be interested in is 5 Cool 1 Click Install Mosh Mobile Shell On Linux.
We hope you enjoyed this article. if that is so please rate this page with the stars bellow and subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow us on twiter.