Vivaldi is a freeware, cross-platform web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies, a company founded by Tatsuki Tomita and Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, who was the co-founder and CEO of Opera Software. Vivaldi was officially launched on April 6, 2016.
Although intended for general users, it is first and foremost targeted towards technically-inclined users as well as former Opera users disgruntled by its transition from the Presto layout engine to a Chromium-based browser that resulted in the loss of many of its iconic features. Despite also being Chromium-based, Vivaldi aims to revive the features of the Presto-based Opera with its own proprietary modifications.
- Quick Commands: Fast & Refined Control
- Speed Dial: Visual Bookmarks for Smarter Browsing
- Fast Forward and Rewind: Speedy Navigation
- Notes: Save your Thoughts
- Web Panels: Concurrent Web Pages Side-by-Side
- Sessions: Manage Sessions Manually
- Visual Tabs: Preview Tab Contents
- Tab Stacks: Declutter your Session
- Tab Tiling: Convenient Tab Viewing
- Trash Can: Quickly Restore Pages
- Nickname Bookmarks: Faster Bookmarks Access
- Adaptive Interface: Configure the UI Elements
How to install Vivaldi on Ubuntu
The installation process is fairly easy we are going to add the Vivaldi repositories to apt and then install it.
# How to install Vivaldi web browser on Ubuntu 21.04 Linux ? $ wget -qO- http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add - $ sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=i386,amd64] http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/ stable main" $ sudo apt install vivaldi-stableCode language: PHP (php)
Quick video guide
In this article we installed and reviewed Vivaldi web browser in Ubuntu Linux using the apt package manager.
- Another article that you can be interested in is How to install Opera In Ubuntu 21.04 [ Using the terminal ].
- Or How to check the installation date of your linux operating system?
- And Worst Linux Distros for Beginners [ And What To Choose ]
We hope you enjoyed this article. if that is so please rate this page with the stars bellow and subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow us on twiter.